Pavement & Geotechnical
The primary function of Pavement and Geotechnical Design is to design pavement structures, foundations for bridges, retaining walls, embankments, and dams for the statewide transportation system. This section also monitors the construction of these facilities as related to pavement performance, pile driving, settlement monitoring, and embankment stability problems.
Goals / Objectives
- Provide a safe and cost effective deep foundation & pavement design.
- Aid in the construction of roadway embankments and new bridge structures
- Strive to develop and improve Geotechnical design & construction practices.
- Maintain existing roadway embankments and bridge structures.
For further assistance please contact Pavement & Geotechnical Design at (225) 379-1312.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Ben Fernandez: Consultant Managment, Explorations, and Instrumentation Specialist
- Chris Nickel: Geotechnical Design, Construction Monitoring, and Geotechnical Design Manual
- Mark Ordogne: Pavement Design and Pavement Design Manual
- Jesse Rauser: Geotechnical Design, Instrumentation Specialist, Construction Monitoring, and Geotechnical Design Manual